July 16, 2012
Ahh... now that's Québec!
Countryscapes of astounding beauty, natural, cultural and historic attractions galore, outdoor activities in abundance within easy reach of the city, internationally renowned festivals and events... Québec City has it all. Why not take time out to discover some of the city's highly acclaimed attributes! Capital of the Province of Québec, the city of the same name draws tourists in droves each year, including cruiseshippers. Indeed, in 2012, over 100 000 cruise ship passengers are expected to drop anchor at Québec.
The city boasts the capacity to welcome large seagoing vessels and, in a single day during high season, has been known to welcome an incredible 8500 cruise ship passengers and 3400 crew members. Although the season extends from May to October, about 80% of all ships call in at Québec during the months of September and October when the blazing colours of the autumn landscape are at their peak.
Summertime cruise ship visitors will, however, delight in the extensive lineup of appealing activities. Nature and outdoor enthusiasts, food lovers and culture aficionados will be no less than dazzled by the scope of summer event listings.
To help prospective visitors maximize their stay in the Greater Québec area, a free iPhone application is now available for downloading. This novel app features over 300 lodging and 100 restaurant suggestions, and includes an extensive list of shops, tourist attractions, events and activities. In short, all the free travel information anyone needs to plan a trip to the region. Constantly updated, the application is available in English and French, and can be used online or off to avoid roaming charges. Cruiseshippers will appreciate the geopositioning function to locate points of interest in the immediate vicinity and find their way about.
Drop anchor at Québec and discover a port city steeped in history, culture and a timeless joie de vivre. A few minutes' stroll from the port, Old Québec will charm you with its museums, architectural heritage, shops, cafés and more!
Still undecided? Following are 7 good reasons to choose Québec City:
1) For genuineness of place. Québec regularly appears on top destination travel lists which rank it as one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
2) For uniqueness of experience. Québec offers a broad spectrum of out-of-the-ordinary activities.
3) For the wealth of culture and entertainment throughout the year.
4) For legendary gastronomy. Old Québec alone is home to over a hundred restaurants.
5) For proximity to nature. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the abundance of parks and outdoor activities available within easy reach of the city.
6) For ease of access. Québec is located in the heart of the province.
7) For quality accommodations and infrastructure. Greater Québec features over 17 000 guest rooms.
There can be no doubt... a single visit to Québec is all it will take to want to come back again and again to experience the beguiling charm of this city as historic as it is romantic.
À très bientôt!